Tuesday 29 December 2015

The Karma of Things



With 2015 fast closing its curtain upon us, I reflected on the year. Well, in fact - on the last one and half years.

I still clearly remember sitting across Karma Yangchi at the restaurant, persuading her to accept my gift. (I failed). And so, I changed track and asked her instead, to weave something and I help her sell. (Hoo..I succeeded).

And then so many things happened. All I know is scarfs followed me home to Hong Kong, followed me to my trip to Shanghai, Malaysia, Singapore as I distributed them around. Just as I thought - phew - I have done my job and about to wipe my brow -  suddenly, more scarfs were ordered. And more. And then more. And still more!!! Even my husband started to ask "Do your friends eat scarf?" (as he saw the boxes of scarfs arrive - one after another, from summer to winter and back to summer)

But you know whats really nice? It is not only scarfs that arrived. The best kind of people turned up to. Be it old friends, friend of friends, new friends, complete strangers - suddenly they appear in my life and say "Lets talk. I want to help".


My reflection? This must be what it feels like to have good Karma come along. Because she brings the best people to you when she appears.


(PS Why I spell Scarves as Scarfs. Simple. When I spelt it Scarves, some people don't know what it is. I am not kidding!!!!!! So I spelt it Scarfs ...an old fashion way to spell. Why not, we are doing things the old fashion way here. Slowly, nicely, lovingly, carefully)


Photo : Karma and me in Thimphu in November 2015 - by Allan Yeung.


No comments:

Post a Comment