Wednesday 18 September 2013

Willing to learn? How far will you go?



When new gradutes are interviewed, undoubtedly 9 out of 10 will claim "Willing to learn" as one of their strengths. When it comes to "Willing to learn", no one can beat a young man called Larry.

        A final year student in finance, Larry travelled 20 hours by train to/fro to listen to one corporate professional speak for 2 hours.

        Intrigued, I asked Larry. Is she famous like Hillary Clinton? No. Do you know her well? No. I never met her before. Is she a good speaker? I don't know. Will you get a certificate? No.

        My goodness, why are you taking all the trouble? He smiled and softly replied, "Because I love to learn. And I believe I can learn from her."

        Larry travelled not only once, but twice to learn from the speaker, who each time spoke for only 1 or 2 hours. He said he will travel the third, fourth, N-th time as long as knowledge awaits him on the other side of the journey.

        THAT my friends, is the true King of Willing To Learn.

        H a p p y   f o o t n o t e:  The corporate speaker and Larry are now friends, and this young man is invited as VIP guest for all her speaking engagements - including those that are for C-level participants only. 

Larry can be reached at weixin:briliantlarry

No comments:

Post a Comment