Wednesday 18 September 2013

Zero to One Hundred in 3 lessons




Join me and my friends on Wechat / Weixin, by Scanning the QR Code below - for my updates on leadership and strategic tips. See ya!

From Terrible to Terrific

        Absolutely no one. Yes, no one would believe that I used to be horrible at public speaking. No one except my boss, Wander Meijer, who saw me stutter and stammer, turned pale and then turned very red in the face as I stood on the stage to deliver my annual address as CFO of the company.

        Up to then - that was in 2006, I was hopeless at presentations. Did I do anything about it? Yes! I usually make up my lack of confidence with heavy laden PPT slides - full of words, full of numbers, full of pictures. Slide, please speak for me. Did I do anything about it? No. I thought I am too hopeless to be helped by any training. So I suffered silently for many years.

        In 2006, I received a global award from USA Centre of Creative Leadership and with it,  invitations to speak publicly. Out of desperation, I hired a coach to save me. It was baptism by fire with 3 sessions of 1:1 coaching over 2 weeks.

        Surprisingly, my first public presentation post-coaching was so well received. Audiences of C-level calibre generously awarded me with 3.95 out of a maximum score of 4 for content and style. Magically and almost overnight, I transformed from a Terrible speaker into a Terrific speaker. Literally from Zero to 100% confidence in 3 lessons.

        As a result, I am now very passionate in helping you make the same transformation because I know it is very easy. And I promise you, really fun and practical. 








No comments:

Post a Comment