Monday 29 December 2014

Your Magic Book

Written

2013-10-28  QuinSQ  Art of Flying

Quite a few people have asked me "What is this magic book you talk about? Does it teach you magic skills?" 

 

It doesn't teach us how to make coins disappear and rabbits appear out of hats, but it does magically transform our lives. 

 

So, what is a Magic Book and how did I create this idea?

(Above picture: My magic book)


I was in London in August this year and met up with a long time friend,Colette. Always a happy, cheerful and optimistic gal, this time we met, she was facing some tall challenges in life. So I said "Let s have a Magic Session to help propel you forward into your dreams!"  

 

"Oh yes. Let's", was her enthusiastic reply. 

 

The next morning we met for breakfast in a cozy little cafe in Hammersmith, and the first thing I did was to twirl my fingers in the cool English air, explaining to Colette that I was sprinkling magic dust. 

 

"Aha, so - that s what you are doing, Tinkerbell," my amused friend remarked. 

 

And then, I pointed to the black notebook, and said with a whisper "Thiiiiis....is your magic book." I took a ball point pen from my bag and slowly handed it to Colette, whose eyes are larger than saucers by now, and added,"this is your magic pen. You will write with this magic pen into your magic book all the dreams and wishes you want to come true, and it will appear like magic." 


Above Picture: Pretty Colette happily yet seriously filling the book with her dreams.

 

Since that wonderful magical morning, quite many of Colette's wildest dreams and long held wishes have come true. Some appeared in a few hours after she wrote them (they came true in front of my eyes), others in a matter of days and some in a week or two. 

 

This October when I am in London, again, Colette proudly showed me her new workplace. It's the dream job she wrote in the first page of her magic book, described with much details - even down to the name of the company. Housed in an old church, refurbished in milk white and complete with doors and windows that almost reach the sky, I joked with my dear friend that this must be what it feels like to work in heaven! Indeed, my friend replied with a twinkle in her eye. 

Colette's new office, if this isnt like working in heaven, what is?

 

And what's more inspiring is that after she started work, Colette decided to add a few more minor details into her magic book and that too took less than a week to materialise. Oh yes, less than a week! A new smartphone. A new 21 inch touch screen. A new assistant. She names it, she gets it. How much more magical can it be?


Below picture: My bear checks out the cool piece of technology.

 

Coming back to the magic book.

 

Some simple steps:

1. Write down in the front page, "This Magic Book belongs to..........." And use this book solely for creating magic in your life. Don't use it to keep your expenses or other scribbles. 

 

2. When you are writing down (or drawing) your dreams and wishes, add vivid and colourful details. Engage your 5 senses. Even more importantly, engage your heart. Feel what it is like to be living in your dream.

 

3. After you finished writing, pause for a moment and go over what you have written. Use a highlighter to pick out words that are of significance to you. Add a few more. 

 

Even better if you can add some action steps. For example, Colette's action step was to tell the headhunter specifically which company she is interested to work for. Sounds simple but how many of us do this? I didn't!

 

4. If your logic gets in the way of your Magic Session, suspend it for a moment. Tell your logical mind to take a coffee break whilst you have a few carefree moments to dream courageously. 

 

5. And always have fun. Enjoy the Magic Session. 

 

Wish it. Dream it. Do it. Get it.  

 

Let the Magic begin. happy 2015

 

Love, Quin




No comments:

Post a Comment