Monday 11 October 2010

The phantom is here

The bear and I watched the Phantom of the Opera more times than we can count.  Each time as enthralled as the last, with sounds of the chandeliers crashing to the ground still ringing in our ears!


Not all phantoms give me the same delight. In fact I can think of a few lurking around (mainly inside my mind) that scares me silly. Sickness, not realising one's dreams, pettiness; amongst the few. 


It was until I read Heraclitus' wise words "It is disease that makes health pleasant, hunger than makes fullness good, weariness that makes rest sweet", I started to view some of my phantoms a little differently.  Instead of being destroyers of a beautiful life, one day I hope to be able to appreciate them the way Heraclitus' sees his phantoms, to make a beautiful life even sweeter and better. One day.



No comments:

Post a Comment