Friday 8 October 2010

Take me back to me

One of my favourite books is called Simple Abundance. A book of about 2 inches thick, my bear always laughs when he sees me reading it, because "how can a thick book like that be simple?", the bear challenges. But wait. The simplicity lies not in the physical lightness of the book, but lies in the lightness of the inspiration and the illumination received from the ideas. It highlights some simple pleasures in life that we have thrown aside as our calendars get really crowded, our lives get more sophisticated and when demands pile mercilessly upon us.

On most Saturday mornings, with the heavy book tucked in the crook of my arm, a box of pencil colours and my diary, I would sit out at the meditation pond opposite my home and let the book gently take over my time; and take me back to me.

Simple Abundance - A Daybook of Comfort & Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I dont know how many pages is this book because it does not have any page numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment