Friday 15 October 2010

Rain or shine

One of the songs we are taught in kindergarten is "rain rain go away, come back on another day", giving rain a bad name and making us into little sun worshippers.
Thankfully, as I grew older, I learnt to appreciate rain more and more. It's refreshing qualities, its instant relief in a sweltering summer heat, and even its ability to turn a walk in the drizzle, a romantic stroll.
Funny thing is, rain has never changed in all these years. It still makes my nice shoes wet, the ends of my jeans soaked or my hair damp and frizzy. But what has changed is my mindset. My ability to stop judging something as good or bad, but just to take it as it is and make the best out of the situation. Come rain or shine, it is yet another beautiful day worth embracing.

No comments:

Post a Comment